Oct 26, 2009

Italian Beef Sandwiches


I have seen many different recipes for this type of sandwich, so I decided to take a little bit from a few different ones. Mainly from the magazine Better Homes and Gardens Slow- Cooker Favorites. Then I added a few extra things to make it my own!  These sandwiches melt in your mouth.  You cook this in the slow cooker and I think the meat is the most tender meat ever when cooked this way!  My husband, Curtis, absolutely LOVES these! Plus, who doesn't love a recipe that is easy!  I hope you all enjoy them as much as we do!




Italian Beef Sandwiches
Adapted from Slow-Cooker Favorites Magazine, Recipezaar.com, and Allrecipes.com

1 1/2  cups of beef broth
1        3-4 pound boneless  beef chuck roast, sirloin, or rump roast---I always use a rump roast for this
2        0.7 packages of dry Italian-style dry salad dressing mix -- ( Good Seasons is what I use)
2        teaspoons Italian seasoning, crushed
1        teaspoon Garlic Powder
1/2     teaspoon crushed red pepper (we like things hot so I use 1 full teaspoon)
1/2     jar of either mild or hot banana pepper rings, both the peppers and the juice

1       fresh red pepper sliced
some type of crusty rolls - the base has fresh breads everyday and I usually get sandwich baguette rolls or toasted kaiser rolls
cheese slices.. we like pepperjack or provolone

Combine beef broth with garlic powder, Italian seasoning, salad dressing mix, crushed red pepper, banana pepper rings and juice of banana pepper rings.  Whisk to combine

Put roast in slow cooker and cover with salad dressing broth mixture.  Cover, and cook on high for 5-6 hours or low for 10-12.

When finished, remove beef and transfer to a cutting board.  Shred beef using 2 forks to pull all the meat apart.  Add meat back to the liquid and add the red pepper strips.  Cook for an additional 30 minutes on low.

Add the meat to your toasted bread and add cheese!  We then pop them open faced in the broiler for a few minutes to let the cheese melt and add a little mayo.  Serve with a side of the juice for dipping! YUMMY!  I promise you will fall in love with these tender, tasty sandwiches! 





4 comments:

Rebecca Evans said...

I must try this! It looks very good:) Anything I make out these recipes you all share. I will be sure to let you know if I thought it was a winner LOL.. Thanks again for sharing!

Living the Long Life... said...

Yeah girl, let us know! Or if you do anything different to it feel free to let us know what you changed!

The Little Miss said...

yum!!! This is one of the yummiest things IVe seen in a long time
If you would like come check out my blog and enter my current giveaway at littlemissheirlooms.blogspot.com
I hope you decided to follow me because I try to bring my readers a new and AMAZING giveaway every Monday!
Xo
Priscila

Angie said...

I have this is the crock pot as we speak! I have been wanting a new recipe for a pulled pork type of sandwich and this looked so yummy that I just had to make it. I didn't have the dried italian-style dressing mix, so I used the italian dressing in the fridge. And I didn't have any banana pepper rings, but I bought a jar of peperoni filetti to put on the sandwiches after they are cooked. I think it's going to be delicious, it already smells WONDERFUL!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails