Sep 3, 2010

Buffalo Chicken Dip

This my friends is OH, SO, GOOD!  I promise you that at least one person will ask for the recipe!  I have made it a few times and every time I do it a little different so I will give you the basic recipe and then some suggestions! 

INGREDIENTS:

1 large can of chicken or 2 regular sized ones.  ** I use 3 chicken breast boiled and chopped instead!  I am NOT a fan of canned chicken!

1 cup of ranch or blue cheese dressing * I make homemade ranch since it taste better
Blue cheese is great in here but a lot of people don’t like blue cheese so I just use ranch

¾ to 1 cup of FRANKS red hot sauce- the kind used on wings, not hot sauce just in case you don’t use that brand

2 packages of cream cheese, softened

1-2 cups of cheese- cheddar * I have used mozzarella before and it was great too.  You could also do crumbled blue cheese

DIRECTIONS:

After I boil and chop chicken into small pieces I toss with a little bit of buffalo sauce.  You can do that with the canned chicken too!

Save about ½ cup of cheese for the top

Mix all other ingredients together either in a baking dish or in your crockpot.  Once warm add the remaining cheese!  *if baking 350 degrees for 20 minutes.

*serve with celery, crackers, fritos, or anything else that tickles your fancy

**I have done it before with chopped up celery in the dip.  So feel free to try that!
BEWARE, it is a weird color!  

1 comment:

Now an Air Force Wife and Mommy!! said...

I made this for poker night at the beginning of the year and the guys loved it but it makes a ton!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails